- Download/Read The New 52 : Futures End FCBD Specia
- Read or Download Ongoing Crisis Communication: Pla
- Read or Download Chicken Soup for the Kid
- Read/Download Karavans #1 free pdf
- Download/Read Audrey at Home: Memories of My Mothe
- Download/Read Leaving Time ebook online
- Download or Read NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText
- Download or Read Doubled Up (eBook)
- Download or Read Maid for the Rock Star ebook
- Download or Read Wedded Blintz ebook
- Download/Read Love, Life, and Elephants: An Africa
- Read/Download Cancer Is Not A Disease - It
Total Visits: 232
Download/Read Leaving Time ebook onlineDownload/Read Leaving Time ebook online
- Random House Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 1.10(d)
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Includes the novella Larger Than Life
Throughout her blockbuster career, Jodi Picoult has seamlessly blended nuanced characters, riveting plots, and rich prose, brilliantly creating stories that “not only provoke the mind but touch the flawed souls in all of us” (The Boston Globe). Now, in her highly anticipated new novel, she has delivered her most affecting work yet—a book unlike anything she’s written before.
For more than a decade, Jenna Metcalf has never stopped thinking about her mother, Alice, who mysteriously disappeared in the wake of a tragic accident. Refusing to believe she was abandoned, Jenna searches for her mother regularly online and pores over the pages of Alice’s old journals. A scientist who studied grief among elephants, Alice wrote mostly of her research among the animals she loved, yet Jenna hopes the entries will provide a clue to her mother’s whereabouts.
Desperate to find the truth, Jenna enlists two unlikely allies in her quest: Serenity Jones, a psychic who rose to fame finding missing persons, only to later doubt her gifts, and Virgil Stanhope, the jaded private detective who’d originally investigated Alice’s case along with the strange, possibly linked death of one of her colleagues. As the three work together to uncover what happened to Alice, they realize that in asking hard questions, they’ll have to face even harder answers.
As Jenna’s memories dovetail with the events in her mother’s journals, the story races to a mesmerizing finish. A deeply moving, gripping, and intelligent page-turner, Leaving Time is Jodi Picoult at the height of her powers.
Look for special features inside. Join the Random House Reader’s Circle for author chats and more.
Praise for Leaving Time
“Piercing and uplifting . . . a smart, accessible yarn with a suspenseful puzzle at its core.”—The Boston Globe
“Poignant . . . an entertaining tale about parental love, friendship, loss.”—The Washington Post
“A riveting drama.”—Us Weekly
“[A] moving tale.”—People
“A fast-paced, surprise-ending mystery.”—USA Today
“In Jenna, [Jodi] Picoult has created an unforgettable character who will easily endear herself to each and every reader. . . .